Hi! I'm Lisa.
I don't love talking about myself, so I'll try to sum "me" up in a way that you can hopefully relate. So... as a person, I'm kind of awkward? Like, sit in the corner and pet the cat at a party so I don't have to make small-talk awkward.
Also, I sometimes make weird faces and/or noises, just, you know, in regular conversation.. so you have that to look forward to. I like dogs and adventure and flowers. I like to eat too many doughnuts, binge watch shows on Netflix, and travel but hate touristy stuff. My dog, Kaiya, is the goodest girl. She's a husky mutt and loves to make new friends, run around like crazy (especially in the snow), and give kisses whether you want them or not.
When I talk about flowers, I tend to get super animated and weirdly excited because I'm actively dreaming up something gorgeous for you. I take every event personally and put my heart and soul into everything I design, which is why we'll probably get along so well!
noun: lin·naea \lə̇ˈnēə\ - one species: twinflower
The story of Linnaea:
- I started Linnaea with my twin sister, Erin, in 2010 after she had convinced a couple of our soon-to-be wed friends to let her do their wedding flowers that summer. I helped.
- We called our newly formed biz Linnaea because of 'Linnaea Borealis' or the twinflower. Twins. Flowers.
- Erin taught me some basics that she had learned from her time at a traditional flower shop and I took it from there, developing my own style over the following years.
- After a year of fun, Erin moved out of state and is doing flowers in the DC area. I still help her with events down there!
- Currently, I rock out gorgeous weddings and events in my home studio and love every aspect of designing for your wedding!